- RSS Channel Showcase 6146001
- RSS Channel Showcase 8377524
- RSS Channel Showcase 6642016
- RSS Channel Showcase 8266706
Articles on this Page
- 11/16/17--09:55: _OET Class – every week
- 11/17/17--08:59: _Winter Wonderland M...
- 11/17/17--10:02: _Nurse E needed IELT...
- 11/21/17--10:10: _Easy ways to expand...
- 11/21/17--10:27: _How long will it ta...
- 11/29/17--12:24: _NMC OSCE Course – G...
- 11/29/17--12:31: _Doctors’ path to wo...
- 11/29/17--12:41: _His first English t...
- 12/06/17--10:49: _What to do when you...
- 12/06/17--10:56: _The benefits of bei...
- 12/14/17--11:21: _Winter opening times
- 12/14/17--11:33: _Christmas lottery a...
- 12/14/17--11:51: _New for 2018 ielts ...
- 12/14/17--12:09: _Language tech – the...
- 12/20/17--05:33: _How to improve your...
- 12/20/17--05:41: _Learn English throu...
- 12/20/17--06:58: _How to pass the OET
- 01/10/18--19:04: _How To Fulfil Your ...
- 01/10/18--19:19: _The Best Time For O...
- 01/10/18--19:35: _OSCE REVIEW
- 11/16/17--09:55: OET Class – every week
- 11/17/17--08:59: Winter Wonderland Merry-ness
- 11/17/17--10:02: Nurse E needed IELTS 7.0, but preferred the 8.0
- 11/21/17--10:10: Easy ways to expand your vocabulary
- 11/21/17--10:27: How long will it take me to get my score?
- 11/29/17--12:24: NMC OSCE Course – Getting ready for Helen and Mel from MyNursesLife
- 11/29/17--12:31: Doctors’ path to working in the UK
- 11/29/17--12:41: His first English textbook
- 12/06/17--10:49: What to do when you’re stuck
- 12/06/17--10:56: The benefits of being bilingual
- 12/14/17--11:21: Winter opening times
- 12/14/17--11:33: Christmas lottery and Winter Party – this Sunday
- 12/14/17--11:51: New for 2018 ielts 4 x 4
- 12/14/17--12:09: Language tech – the best apps for learning a language
- 12/20/17--05:33: How to improve your reading skills
- 12/20/17--05:41: Learn English through film: a guide
- 12/20/17--06:58: How to pass the OET
- 01/10/18--19:04: How To Fulfil Your New Year’s Resolutions?
- 01/10/18--19:19: The Best Time For OSCE Review
- 01/10/18--19:35: OSCE REVIEW
By Anna The Occupational English (or OET) is an alternative to the IELTS exam for nurses wishing to register for the NMC. It still tests Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing, but it does so within a healthcare context. Earlier this week, IELTS Medical welcomed medical doctor Dr Michael Laurino on board to help our nurses … Continue reading OET Class – every week
By Anna We are slowly bracing ourselves for the Christmas season at IELTS Medical. Soon the festive decorations will go up and Christmas music will fill in the office and we have a quite exciting announcement for our employees and students. This year’s Winter Party will take place at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland! Get your … Continue reading Winter Wonderland Merry-ness
By Emma One of our most hardworking and determined nurses, has now passed the IELTS exam with a phenomenal score of 8.0. Nurse E only spent 3 weeks with us here at IELTS Medical; where she dominated i10 Advanced writing. Nurse E first came to IELTS Medical, with the intention to go 0.5 up a band as she had … Continue reading Nurse E needed IELTS 7.0, but preferred the 8.0
By Anna Expanding your vocabulary is crucial while preparing for the IELTS test. It will definitely make it easier as you go through each skill on the exam. Having a broad vocabulary will also help you in your everyday life as words are one of the key predictors of someone’s profession, education level or social … Continue reading Easy ways to expand your vocabulary
By Anna As an IELTS Medical Administrator, I have to admit that it is one of the most frequent questions and at the same time – one of the most difficult ones to answer directly. This is due to the fact that the answer itself depends on many various factors. Your previous IELTS score and … Continue reading How long will it take me to get my score?
By Anna The final stage of registration for overseas qualified nurses is the OSCE. The role of this test is to measure the candidates against the current UK pre-registration standards. Nursing in the UK is made up of separate fields of practice, each requiring three years of pre-registration undergraduate education. The OSCE will test our … Continue reading NMC OSCE Course – Getting ready for Helen and Mel from MyNursesLife
The post NMC OSCE Course – Getting ready for Helen and Mel from MyNursesLife appeared first on IELTS Medical - call today - 0203 637 6722.
By Anna While overseas qualified doctors have to pass the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 7.5, the English proficiency test is not the only stop on their path to working as a practicing doctor in the United Kingdom. After they have passed the IELTS with a sufficient score, they have to go through … Continue reading Doctors’ path to working in the UK
By Anna We all know that Christmas time is exciting; not only because of the cheerful atmosphere, music and festive lights all over, but also because of the time you get to spend together with your family. For expats, this time of year could be especially challenging as most of them are away from their … Continue reading His first English textbook
By Anna You have taken the IELTS exam multiple times already and you still cannot get the scores you need. Perhaps you were studying by yourself; perhaps you were attending classes at some English school. It could be that you are getting the score you need from three skills, while in one you still … Continue reading What to do when you’re stuck
By Anna Speaking two languages instead of just one has obvious benefits in rapidly changing, multicultural, globalised world. It is clear that being bilingual opens a lot of different doors, not only in terms of your professional career, but also in terms of your personal development. It turns out that bilingualism can have much more … Continue reading The benefits of being bilingual
By Anna Even though we are an English learning school, we do not necessarily function like a typical school; not in terms of the holidays at least. That means that upcoming Christmas time does not mean no more classes until the New Year. Although we are in fact closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s … Continue reading Winter opening times
By Anna This time of the year makes people all excited for many different reasons. Some love the Christmas atmosphere in the air, some just prefer when it is winter-ish outside, so they can cosy up in front of a fireplace, and some look forward to Christmas because of… THE PRESENTS. If you are one … Continue reading Christmas lottery and Winter Party – this Sunday
By Anna New Year usually means new beginnings. As the old year comes to an end, it is worth thinking about New Year’s resolutions. It is a perfect time to start off fresh, no matter if in your personal or professional life. What better way to step into 2018 than to promise yourself you’ll finally … Continue reading New for 2018 ielts 4 x 4
By Anna When you are learning a foreign language, especially as a busy professional, it can become quite tricky to organise some free time for yourself to sit down with your textbook and study. And when you in fact sit down with your textbook and study, you may find yourself yawning and wishing you were … Continue reading Language tech – the best apps for learning a language
The post Language tech – the best apps for learning a language appeared first on IELTS Medical - call today - 0203 637 6722.
By Anna Even if you read 7 books a week, it does not matter, unless you understand fully what you have read. Understanding what is written is called reading comprehension and it is one of the four skills you will come across doing your IELTS or OET exam. To lift your spirit a little bit, … Continue reading How to improve your reading skills
By Anna What is the most fun way of learning a language? Watching films and TV series! (For some it could also be playing video games, but we’re not going to focus on that now… 🙂 Learning a foreign language is already hard if you think about the grammar and pronunciation, especially if it vastly … Continue reading Learn English through film: a guide
By Anna Is OET a difficult test? How does it compare to the IELTS? Is it an easier option for the nurses? Are there any tips as to how to pass it first time round? These are the questions that you often ask about the Occupational English Test, OET for short. In this article I … Continue reading How to pass the OET
By Anna I have some tips for you as for how to make sure you actually stick to the plan. Well, first of all – make a plan. If your resolution is studies-focused, especially when it comes to IELTS, it can’t just be ‘This year I will get 7.5 on my exam’. That’s too general […]
By Anna Any exam or test is usually a very stressful event. I, for example, remember my driving exam as the most stressful day in my entire life, even the exams that I had when I studied at the university were nowhere near as stressful as that driving exam was. It got to the point […]
By Anna When you are a nurse wanting to register with the NMC, the last step, after completing the language requirements and passing the CBT is moving to the OSCE exam which will test your practical nursing skills. During the OSCE exam, the nurses and midwives are required to act out certain scenarios which will […]